Saturday 25 November 2006

OMFG, Video Games Live Day! L33T..

So me Deejay and Vandy woke up from the night before. All very tired but Deejay had to go to work so we decided to all wake up and stuff.

Deejay went off to work and said we'll meet at the train station at about 3pm. I went with Vandy to his house to download and update a load of anime to my External Harddrive, I now have enough to last me a decade lol. Once I had done that, I got a lift back to mine as it was fucking it off down with rain :(

When I got in I decided to just have something to eat and play some Xbox 360 for a while, just so the time would go a bit quicker as Video Games Live was only 3hours away and I needed something to make the time FLY by.

At 3pm we all met up at the train station, got our tickets and was on our way to London. I can't remember how long time trains actually took but it was pretty quick faster than I had thought it would be. We got to Euston, got something to eat, then headed to the Hammersmith and City Line so we could get the underground to just outside of the Apollo. We saw this as we come around the corner.



By now we all where even more excited that we was in the 1st place. We got into the front lobby of the apollo quite early, there wasn't many people in there. By the time the lobby doors opened there was a queue like I had never seen before the lead from inside all the way into where the main road was, it was just huge. Come about 7.00pm they opened the doors. Everyone flooded in to get drink but Me, Vandy, Tom and Deejay just went to find our seats. We had pretty good seats head on with the stage but not really close just midway. Which I thought was perfect.




Deejay and toms seats were futher forwards that ours but they was on the far left side of the stage. But still good seats.

Come 7.30 it started. Heres the Line up I think I got it all and in the right order..

Classical gaming medley. From Pong to Tetris and all around.
Metal Gear Solid
Beyond Good and Evil,
Headhunter,
Lara Croft,
Advent Rising,
Final Fantasy 7: One Winged Angel,
Audience participation: Space Invaders
Sonic the Hedgehog,
Martin Leung on the piano playing a Final Fantasy collection, Mario, Martin Leung on the piano playing some Tetris and Mario (with the latter being initially blindfolded...of course)
Audience participation: Frogger
Civilisation 4,
World of Warcraft
Myst,
Halo, and as a bonus a little Halo 3.

The ones bolded were the ones I enjoyed the most. As a whole everything was Excellent. But they where the ones I enjoyed the most. The Final Fantasy Collection almost made me and Vandy cry it was that good. At the end of the concert they got most of the composers out on the stage to take a bow. Then they had a signing part at the end but the queue was too long and we would have missed our train. But we are definety going to the next one so we probably will try get them next year.

After we left we was all talking about it and how good it was. We got on the underground to euston and then the train home on the train there was a guy who looked like mario which was quite funny! Got a picture but its not great,



The train back was really packed and we got back about 1.10am. It was a really good concert and day out. If anyone is interested there are some Videos on Youtube of parts of the concert.

Good night anyways I am extremely tired

-Hutch

1 comment:

DeeJay said...

Yes Leigh! Such an awesome night, loved it all! :)

Video Game Pianist is my hero!